TechSpot

RIM drops BlackBerry PlayBook to $199 in time for the holidays

By Shawn Knight
Nov 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Research in Motion has announced via Twitter that they will be dropping the price of the BlackBerry PlayBook to $199 for a limited time. This is a significant price cut…

Read the whole story
  2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 902   +52

In Canada the sale started this past Friday Nov 18th.
  3. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,075   +76

Too little, too late as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure that a lot of people could benefit from the Playbook's new low price, yet with RIM continually pushing back the update to include native email, I just don't feel comfortable throwing down $200. Couple that with a lackluster app market, and that seals it for me.

I'm holding out for the Transformer Prime. I would have happily paid $499 for a Playbook, had RIM taken the time to get it right, instead of forcing it out the door incomplete.
  4. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 356   +38

And apple still is now changing. Wow. Typical "We are better than the rest because we say so, and no one else can verify this" approach of apple.
  5. days later........it's totally WAY backordered now...just sayin

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.