TechSpot

RIM to launch BlackBerry 'companion' tablet in 2010?

By Jos
May 13, 2010
  1. With the tablet form factor getting a lot of attention lately, it seems Research in Motion doesn't want to be left out of the party. According to unconfirmed reports from Boy Genius, citing sources within the company, the Canadian firm is planning to launch an 8.9-inch BlackBerry tablet device which would function strictly as a 'companion' to their BlackBerry smartphones, offering a larger screen for books, movies, photos and web browsing.

Read the whole story

2. samuelward

samuelward TS Rookie

3. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

I was considering getting a Droid when my plan expires in a year and a half, but if RIM goes through with this and it turns out well, I may just stick with BlackBerry.

Have you even tried the newest Storm 2? MAJOR improvement over the Storm 1. I had serious issues with the first one, but so far the Storm 2 has left me very pleased about their progress with SurePress technology.

4. Google and Apple are too far ahead for RIMM to catch up with piecemeal moves.They need to do change their strategy dramatically like merging with Nokia http://bit.ly/a3cNpa

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.