Ripping music from DVD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, some ripping apps can rip audio streams and save them in wav format. I tend to use mencoder in Linux and ffmpeg in BeOS, they're quite handy for things like this. Those cursed with Windows could try checking from Digital Digest, at least Smartripper can do postprocessing.

NVDVD can capture audio from DVDs, plus it's a nice DVD player. Then you just need to convert the file to MP3 or CDA.

but is it possible to rip a clean music track out of a movie, and not have other sounds?

specifically,i'm looking or some music from "the matrix reloaded" that exists nowhere else but in the movie. is it possible to get just the music off the dvd?

The only way to do that is if the DVD features an isolated score track - The original Matrix (Region 1 only) did, as does Bad Boys for example. The Matrix Reloaded doesn't in any form (Nope, not the boxed set either). You'd by just ripping the sound effects & all.
Out of interest what tracks are you looking for from it? I've got the complete score (No, not that 2 CD they released, the proper complete score).

The only way to do that is if the DVD features an isolated score track - The original Matrix (Region 1 only) did, as does Bad Boys for example. The Matrix Reloaded doesn't in any form (Nope, not the boxed set either). You'd by just ripping the sound effects & all.

that's what i figured. i just diddn't know if the music/voice/effects tracks were permanently mixed together

Out of interest what tracks are you looking for from it? I've got the complete score (No, not that 2 CD they released, the proper complete score).

i wanted the edited version of "furious angels" from the upgrades scence, the score-mixed version of "komit" from the superman scene, and the score-mixed version of "dread rock" from the parking garage fight. none of those exist on any cd or soundtrack. unless there's a score only version of the komit mix on the score cd, i could mix them together.

Ahh okay. I can't find those versions of Furious Angels or Double Trouble either (There's just rips of the audio from those scenes, effects & all).
The version of Komit used in Reloaded was released on a CD in Japan. I managed to find it on Soulseek. 03-juno_reactor_-_komit-sibv.mp3 is what it goes by.

yeah, i heard about that version o a cd called "zwara". does it have the orchestration mixed into it?

as for furious angels, i could make an identical song in nero wave editor and adobe premiere in an hour, i just need to listen closely to the movie

and what's "double trouble"?

neothe1 said:
as for furious angels, i could make an identical song in nero wave editor and adobe premiere in an hour, i just need to listen closely to the movie

even that's not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back