TechSpot

Rockstar announces $500,000 in-game Stimulus Package for GTA Online players

By Shawn Knight
Oct 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Technical issues are pretty much a guarantee these days whenever a highly anticipated game makes its online debut. It’s incredibly frustrating not to be able to play your just-purchased game as the creators intended and rather than try and prepare...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

To hell with the multiplayer. If they offer me $500 000 in real cash I'll give it a try. Until then the single player campaign is what I'll play (when it comes out on PC of course).

3. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

Sounds like wall street. Of course, that's only $40 billion a month.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,944   +381

You know even if they haven't confirmed a PC release yet, I still get the feeling rockstar actually cares a little about the community. Not enough to take priority over money, but it still means more than most other companies now.

5. They made a total of $1 billion, and more. 500k is a mere 0.05% of the profit.

6. TechGamer

TechGamer TS Booster Posts: 422   +38

u know there giving it ingame not inreal life ye?

Jamesbrah and Uvindu like this.
  7. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

"Rockstar is offering anyone that has played or will play GTA Online this month a special in-game stimulus package"

Everybody that plays this month? So that's probably everyone who owns a copy of GTA Online (or at least 95% of them)

Isn't giving everybody 500k pretty much the same as giving nobody 500k?

You get an advantage, but so does every other player in the game, meaning nobody edges ahead... so no real advantage and hence no real "reimbursement" for the inconvenience.

I haven't played the game, so maybe there's a side to this that I'm not seeing, but it feels to me like nobody gains from this.

8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,097   +1,522

A quick glance at that figure and the 500K, makes it look as if on 80000 people are playing the game.
    Meaning all current players will edge ahead of future players. Or at least until the next stupid sales promotion with in-game BS.

9. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

Giving people an advantage is not the point of a stimulus. In this case it reimburses people who legitimately lost money through bugs. Not really a stimulus. IRL a stimulus is to encourage spending to get money flowing, not give anyone an advantage.

Uvindu and Trillionsin like this.
  10. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,095   +43

Thanks Ranger12, for helping people who do not read the article!

11. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

I read the whole article, but there wasn't really a direct mention of players losing money through bugs in this article, but I guess I should have gone back and read the previous articles as well

Thanks for clarifying :)

12. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,095   +43

Not purposefully being a ****.. but yes, it did.

Sorry, I notice it's not so direct.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.