Rockstar publishes 'Red Dead Redemption 2' trailer as petition for a PC version nears 30K signatures

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Rockstar Games on Tuesday confirmed the existence of Red Dead Redemption 2 following a couple of days of not-so-subtle teasing on social media. The publisher promised a trailer would be ready on Thursday and sure enough, Rockstar delivered.

Predictably, the minute-long trailer isn’t all that revealing, showing several landscape shots before slowly easing into a brief action sequence at the end. Based on what we do see, however, things look quite good.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is scheduled to arrive in the fall of 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Notably absent is a PC version and that’s got a lot of folks ticked off – so much so that there’s now an online petition at Change.org that’s garnered more than 27,000 signatures asking Rockstar to reconsider bringing it to the PC.

Permalink to story.

Well I hope it makes it to the PC but I'll just wait and see, if it doesn't, tough, it's not the end of the world. No game is worth wasting any money on any console as far as I'm concerned.

AMEN .... besides, didn't the petitions for GTA5 for the PC reach well over a million? Says a lot for just how much Rockstar listens to their fans and/or buyers.

"Notably absent is a PC version and that’s got a lot of folks ticked off – so much so that there’s now an online petition at Change.org that’s garnered more than 27,000 signatures asking Rockstar to reconsider bringing it to the PC."

They won't care about no petitions. Console versions keep the price longest and with luck they can release it for ps5 and xbone scorpion before PC, selling same game 3 times to hardcore fans just like they did with gta 5. If they listened to fans they would fix network problems (all platforms) and do something about the cheaters (PC) but as people buy the game and in-game currency anyways they couldn't care less.

Pc version please.....not releasing a pc version is like not giving a lamborghini leather seats but giving it to a toyota......

Do not preorder! Preordering must die! Games used to show up on shelves finished, now they DLC the $hit out of us.

Back