Rome Total War Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golferman443

Everytime I start up Rome Total War the screen is stretched out to the right and I can only see half of all the text on the screen. I would put a pic of it on here put when I press print screen and paste it in paint the picture looks how it should when Rome starts up. Any ideas on why my Rome games resolution is so messed up. Btw I have messed with the resoluation with the game and on my monitor itself.

Is this the first time you've played the game?

If you've just installed it, maybe downloading the 1.3, then 1.5 update would help, you can find it on the official website.

If your using Gold Edition i wouldn't know what to suggest, but both versions i have played, have worked.

Iam not using the gold edition. Also, installing the updates did not help at all. The screen is still stretched over to one side.

did you try reinstalling it and or changing the resolution of the game and changeing it back ... havent played Rome TW in a while for i am looking for a computer that runs it without Lagging every second :)

mine's doing the same thing. i've had this game since it came out and uninstalled it when finished. decided to play it again this week, installed the original and barbarian invasion, updated to 1.6 annnd the screen is stretched beyond my view. half of it is cut off and i can't figure out why. reinstalling/updating/etc does absolutely nothing.

so i got the same problem but no solution. =\

how do you mean? neither of the two options change the menu resolution? and i can't find the start campaign button to test the in game res cause i've lost half the screen.

i'll keep trying... =P

ok, so it's a nVidia problem for me. i rolled back the driver to version 81.95 and now the game works perfectly again. it's the 91.+ that screw up rome.

i have a rare ? for patch 1.3

so heres the problem. i installed rtw, then patch 1.2 (and it works) but then when i install 1.3 it says it installed correctly but the version in the game shows 1.2. i emptied the temp folder, uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game several times, and even got rid of the 0701 folder that supposedly fixes the problem. Basically i want to use cheats on the game with infinite uses.
By the way when i installed 1.2 it took approx. 3 min., but with 1.3(being double in file size) only took 30 sec. While "installing" the progress bar didnt fill up like it should. Any1 plz help me. Patch 1.3 worked the first time: why should it not work a second time.

Problems installing Rome total War disc 2

Whenever I attempt to install rtw disc 2 it says Feature:Rome:Total War data Component:Data File:E:\data3.cab Error: Data error(cyclic redundancy check). and When I Choose the ok button the installation automatically stops. What should I do?

i have the same problem and i just got the game a few days ago, right out of the package it didn't work. stick in the second cd and it freezes. I have windows XP if that helps.

slayer12f said:
Whenever I attempt to install rtw disc 2 it says Feature:Rome:Total War data Component:Data File:E:\data3.cab Error: Data error(cyclic redundancy check). and When I Choose the ok button the installation automatically stops. What should I do?

insert the second and third cd and copy them to the coputer using copy and paste. then when the computer sks for a path u give it the path to where u stuck the games. and i put them in the same spot, dat 3 and 4, and it was one less window to worry about.

the only side effect is possible the fact i installed this way, the movies dont run correcty

ive got the rome total war gold edition and every time i start it the letters and icons on the menu are blured with a white box and the actual game is slow as well it isnt smooth its jibbering and when u zoom in on the men they dissapear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back