Rome Total War not working

By Crusaderman
Jul 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is the problem, everything works except the battle mode, anytime I am going to enter a battle the computer loads it up and then shuts the window completely not letting me enter the battle.

My computer is a
    Compaq presario SR1200NX

It runs on
    AMD SEMPRON 2800+
    256 MB PC2700
    DDR SDRAM MEMORY
    40GB ultra DMA hard drive
    CD-RW drive 48x32x48x max speed
    processor speed 2.0GHz
    256KB L2 Cache
    33Mhz Front side Bus

I appreciete any advice you give me on what you think the problem could be.
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

Although I don't have this game, l know there are game patches for it. Have you installed them yet?
  3. Crusaderman

Crusaderman Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have and they did speed up the game but the patchs still didn't help with the battlemode part, it still does the same thing.
  4. gary_masty

gary_masty Banned Posts: 19

have you got 1.5 version?
  5. nccrew

nccrew Newcomer, in training

I have this exact same problem!
    i am running a mac with parallels installed so im playing the game on vista and it works fine except for a bit of lag untill i try to enter battle and then it goes back to my desktop and the game shuts down
  6. neill1973

neill1973 Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

What video card are you using? The video card requirement for Rome total war is 64MB.
  7. jtr2306

jtr2306 Newcomer, in training

Hi
    you may not be able to help me but when I try to change the preferences and i start a new campain the preferences change back how do i stop this plaease help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.