I have this wonderful rootkit on my wife's laptop, an old Acer Travelmate 4220. Unfortunately, ESET missed the insertion. I can pull up the homepage but as soon as I search or nav off it to another page I get ESET blocking 18.104.22.168:80 or 22.214.171.124:80. And, I do see other people here with similar symptoms. After a fresh boot, laptop hops along but in about 3-4 minutes it's lagging behind as to be unusable. Before I came here, I tried MBAM and SAS. Both found infections but were ineffective in removing this one (or it could be more). I've attached a HJT log and a GMER log so as to maybe get a head start. Now the GMER log is a couple of days old. I had diffculty running all the way through until I disabled ESET's real-time security module. I'll have to use a thumb drive to bring files/logs back and forth. I promise to stay fully engaged while we work through this.