TechSpot

Router configuration for Nintendo DS Wi-Fi

By kwijibo55
Dec 20, 2005
  1. Hey everyone, I have a Wireless router I'd like to use to play with a nintendo DS. There won't be any computers using that router so security is not an issue. It's a gigafast WF719-CAPR (802.11b/g).

I tried to set it up with various options but no luck so far. In the router configuration I have to chose between various WAN options: DHCP client, Static IP, PPPoE or PPTP. (Whaaaaat?). Later on there's a mode (they suggest AP) and a channel (they suggest 11). Band is 2.4Ghz. I put none in encryption security.

I then plug the WAN plug on my router to my modem. When I try to find the access point with my Nintendo DS I can see the access point (with the name I gave, it's also unlocked) but I get the error message that the DS can see the access point but not conect to the server (or something very similar).

Help?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.