router lifespan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

Well to add to bad news my router just kicked the bucket. (2 weeks ago my graphics card on my desktop died.)

After coming home from work and noticing my voip phone wasn't working, I checked out my router.

My broadband was working. I spent 2 hours on my cell phone to service reps in India (toll free) only to figure out my linksys router died after 2 years of service. I called vonage and they confirmed the diagnosis. At least I'm getting a free replacement. The next one is a motorola.
I need my router for Iraq. I need to make Voip calls home. Despite the accents with the Indian reps, they were professional and I was able to work with them on troubleshooting. It wasn't as bad as many claim it to be. Their professionalism outshone any language difficulties.

I wonder what the lifespan of routers is. Mine lasted 2 years and 2 permanent change of military stations.

My vonage router has been acting up lately. I need to give them a call and figure it out as well. I have gotten just under 2 years out of it.

I also have the linksys router.

Well the vonage service was great. I got a free replacement in 3 days.
New router has even 1 more port on it....

A friend of mine had a linksys for just over 5 years, it only gave up when he decided to move his pc then accidentally plugged the wrong power supply into it, DOH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back