Router+ Linksys SPA 2102 VOIP-Portforward

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCZElite

Ok, this is my problem guys, and i have searched everywhere and nothing is been solved.

I have an very old US Robitics 4 port router and a Linksys SPA 2102 VOIP adapter connected to the Router.

So what i am trying to do, that i could of done before is portforward. The thing that bugs me, is that i get 3 Different ip's from nowhere. !st ip shows when i go into command prompt, and shows my ip, then one shows on my router (probably my lan ip) and the VOIP shows my real ip. So my question is how do i portward through these 2 objects and get decent connection with Uttorent etc...

Hi

Your PC has an IP address, such as 192.168.1.5
Your router has an IP address, usually similar to your PC address such as 192.168.1.1
Your actual address is assigned by your ISP, this could be 212.112.234.45.

To port forward you tell the router to send port requests to the IP of your PC.

So to port forward for utorrent you find out which ports are needed (such as 6165)then in your router port forwarding section you tell it to forward requests for port 6165 (example remember) to the IP of the PC 192.168.1.5.

See

www.portforward.com for further help.

Regards

Well, i know that part. But the thing is, everytime i do a test port on Utorrent, it always displays the ip coming out from the connected VOIP adapter.

Maybe the Linksys is configured to act as a DHCP server too? Haveing several DHCP servers on a network usually means headaches.

The SPA is a router in its own.. You have to read up on how to daisy-chain routers. Instead of forwarding ports (which IIRC is rather tricky for VOIP), you should connect the Linksys to your modem and use the USR box as a plain switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back