Router shopping

By PC Blues
Apr 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Netgear 614 that drops out at least once a week. Researching a

replacement has been a daunting task. I want a wireless G router for under a

C note that is stable, has a STRONG signal and is easy to install. I'm using Airlink

cards that I don't want to replace. Any recommendations will be much

appreciated.
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Linkysys Wireless G with two antenna work well, and are found at www.ecost.com for $50. You can also save a lot of money by not getting the linksys with Speedboost, which is about $50 of wasted money.
    We like the new Netgear white unit without a visible antenna for $79. We have found nothing better or more trouble free. The newer Netgears are quite an improvement over their older stuff.
    Avoid Belkin, Best, and Speedstream. Most others are pretty good.
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,278   +280

I had that problem too -- until I updated the firmware :)
  4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,384   +825

That Particular Router......

The Linksys router that Raybay speaks of is routinely on sale at Best Buy for $50.00 cash & carry (no MIR). So if you're willing to pay sales tax and you're near a store, just keep checking the Sunday ad.
  5. PC Blues

PC Blues Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Much thanks for the quick response, I'll look into recommendations.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,384   +825

It Just So Happens.......

CompUSA has the router in question on sale this week for $49.95, again if you're near one of them.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.