Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooserny

Can someone tell me what is a good reliable router?? I have a LinkSys Wireless-G 2.4 GHZ and it runs off a cable modem (roadrunner) It has been nothing but trouble since I got it. The only thing that runs wireless is my sons laptop in his bedroom upstairs. I also run 2 x-boxes, my pc and my other sons pc (all not wireless) off this router. I am constantly losing connection to everything. I have to unplug the router and restart it in order to get it to reconnect. As you may guess I do not enjoy losing the connection in the middle of a good ghost recon summit strike game....lol.
Do I need a better router? I have heard some bad things about the LinkSys router.

Thanks,
mooserny

Thanks foozy,
I have been looking at the Netgear FR114P ProSafe VPN Firewall W/4 Port 10/100 Switch And Printer Server. It sells from $70-$100 at different places on the web. Not sure about the Printer Server though or just what VPN is??

Thanks Again,

mooserny

Check the specs and test results with Tom Hardware before you get that above though. I was going to get it but stopped. Better to use a PC as Print Server though for home use.

Dlink had packet loss problems in the past
Linksys the same
NetGear better
SMC also good
Buffalo I only use wireless as AP.
Dynex uses dlink routers but have tweaked it you find that at BB and it has VPN mode, Game Mode, Dyns Mode and a few other features prices is only $39 bucks. I have that running for 5 months without a problem it very quick though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back