RtkHDAud.sys: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanGBR

For a while now, i've been getting BSOD's due to RtkHDAud.sys, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. I've checked my registry, everything is fine, reinstalled, the drivers, using older drivers, the latest drivers and the drivers specific to my motherboard, all of them seem to cause a system lockup or a BSOD. There is a visual freeze and an audio stutter on the crashes (replaying the last half a second of sound over and over).

I'm on Windows XP SP2 with a GA G31m-es2l motherboard w/ 9800GT, 450w PSU, 2.4 Pentium 4 processor, and 1GB RAM.

Done memtest, tested gfx card.

I know there are people that have had problems with the Realtek drivers causing a memory_corruption bug. Does anyone know a work around? I heard turning off hardware acceleration works, but if I do that then I lose the Nvidia control panel.

Thanks for reading.

Edited for more info.

From where did you update the drivers?

Also, have you considered updating to SP3? Come July 10th SP2 will no longer be supported.

Yea, i'm updating it when my new processor arrives on tuesday, also, I downloaded them from the Realtek website, and from other mirrors. (can't remember which)

This is a better route: Go to your motherboard's website, find your exact model and update the latest onboard audio drivers from there.

Out of curiosity...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

View attachment minidumps.zip

Ok, the memory_corruption bsods are apparently a bug caused by the realtek drivers, also, I've had a lot more sound stutter/visual freezes than BSODs related to realtek. And to make sure it's not my RAM, I bought some more sticks.

Also, the nvidia one is sorted out, that was a faulty driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back