TechSpot

ruled out the PS

By cyro26
Jul 15, 2005
  1. Ive had this message while playing games that my video card wasnt getting enough power so it goes into a low graphics mode... Well i went out and bought and antec 480 w psu and it still does it! i even plugged in the ez plug on my asus a8n , which it supposedly doesnt need for my single msi 6600gt.
    running xp
    nivda drivers
    soundblaster card
    1024 ram
    sata drive drive

anyone wanna take a crack at this one?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

I believe your graphics card has a molex power connector on the rear edge. Is your power supply connected to this?

3. cyro26

cyro26 TS Rookie Topic Starter

no it doesnt have any power connector on it....... at least this one doesnt

4. Merc14

Merc14 TS Rookie Posts: 171

Cryo
    Remove the soundblaster card, reset your CMOS/BIOS (see mobo manual) and when you reboot enable on-board sound and see if that helps. Pull the ez plug out too, as you said you don't need it.

If that doesn't help download Drivercleaner pro (free utility, read the instructions). Remove the nview driver (use windows add/remove software function), run drivercleaner and then reinstall the lastest nview driver. Even if the first thing works I'd do the reload anyways.

5. cyro26

cyro26 TS Rookie Topic Starter

just called asus they said since i changed the ps its def a voltage reg on the motherboard.......... at least they have decent cust service

6. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 373

Rma Here You Come :d

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.