Ruled out the PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had this message while playing games that my video card wasnt getting enough power so it goes into a low graphics mode... Well i went out and bought and antec 480 w psu and it still does it! i even plugged in the ez plug on my asus a8n , which it supposedly doesnt need for my single msi 6600gt.
running xp
nivda drivers
soundblaster card
1024 ram
sata drive drive

anyone wanna take a crack at this one?

I believe your graphics card has a molex power connector on the rear edge. Is your power supply connected to this?

Cryo
Remove the soundblaster card, reset your CMOS/BIOS (see mobo manual) and when you reboot enable on-board sound and see if that helps. Pull the ez plug out too, as you said you don't need it.

If that doesn't help download Drivercleaner pro (free utility, read the instructions). Remove the nview driver (use windows add/remove software function), run drivercleaner and then reinstall the lastest nview driver. Even if the first thing works I'd do the reload anyways.

just called asus they said since i changed the ps its def a voltage reg on the motherboard.......... at least they have decent cust service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back