TechSpot

Rumor: Grand Theft Auto V coming to PC in Q1 2014

By Scorpus
Oct 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yesterday, Eurogamer cited "multiple industry sources" in a report claiming that Grand Theft Auto V would be released on PC in the first quarter of 2014, adding more fuel to the rumor fire. PC gamers have been holidng out for the...

Read more

2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

Weehooo! Take my money!

Hopefully the extra time is spent making it a proper PC game and not a crappy port!

avoidz, hahahanoobs and customcarvin like this.
  3. t3chn0vamp

t3chn0vamp TS Booster Posts: 148   +19

This is the first time when a rumor made my day and I am like GTA 5, Y U NO COME EARLY ??? lol

4. Mooseinadesert

Mooseinadesert TS Rookie Posts: 25   +8

I'm actually disappointed. I was hoping to get it for Christmas. I hoped when they delayed it for a few months earlier this year it was because they were working on a PC port. Max Payne 3's port was amazing. Rockstar really disappointed me on this one..

H3llion likes this.
  5. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

Considering the quality of the port of GTA IV, I will either pass or at least wait for a couple of months after release.

avoidz and customcarvin like this.
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,358   +402

I'm with backo - the GTA IV port was AWFUL. I'll at least wait until the game is reasonably play-able (and on sale) before buying.

avoidz and customcarvin like this.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,207   +776

I'm patient, I'll wait for the port. I have to because I have absolutely no intention of throwing away money on a console.

H3llion likes this.
  8. customcarvin

customcarvin TS Enthusiast Posts: 103   +8

Me three. Trying to play GTA IV on my i5-GTX680 is painful. 30fps is NOT an acceptable frame rate for pc gamers... I guess the didn't get the memo?

avoidz likes this.
  9. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

I almost need this more than I need air.

10. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 411   +38

I really hope it makes it to PC and actually plays decent. IV was a terrible port indeed, but after fiddling with settings and drivers for a few hours I finally got it to run well. While the game was somewhat repetitious that didn't stop from spending over 200 hours in the game.

11. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 920   +22

What did I buy that $250 video card for if they aren't supporting pc games? This is crap. I had a premonition as the card blew out several years ago after a power failure and I'm happy I didn't buy a new one. Played star wars like crap too. By the way, the onboard video is going now. Amd/Nvidia good luck!

12. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 580   +98

I've never been much of a console gamer, I would appreciate them releasing a version for the PC. Honestly, I don't get why this has to even be an issue....

avoidz and cliffordcooley like this.
  13. Release it on the Steam OS so I can play it on the Linux Steam client. :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.