Run in w/ System Alert - logs included

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicole1484

My darling husband decided to open up some stuff on his Myspace he had no clue about and System Alert apparently hitched a ride w/ it.

I followed all the steps posted here. And they all found quite a bit of stuff. I also did the auto run program as well. Thanks in advance. Hopefully you can help calm some of my paranoia about this...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

LOG FILES MUST BE POSTED AS ATTACHMENTS AND NOT COPY AND PASTED.

Please see this thread HERE for instructions on how to post log files as attachments.

Download the Autoruns programme from HERE. When the programme runs, click options and make sure the "Hide Microsoft Entries" is ticked. Click the file menu and select refresh. Click the save icon and save the Autoruns log to wherever you want.

Attach the Autoruns log here as well as the HJT and AVG Antispyware log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of nicole1484 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

SystemDoctor 2006 Free<This is a rogue programme.

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

pasmon.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pas_check] D:\Program Files\SystemDoctor 2006 Free\pasmon.exe

O16 - DPF: {09F1ADAC-76D8-4D0F-99A5-5C907DADB988} - http://cdn.downloadcontrol.com/files/installers/cab/SystemDoctor2006FreeInstall. cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

D:\Program Files\SystemDoctor 2006 Free<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of nicole1484 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back