RunDLL error: arglog.dll from argosafe

Hi guys,
I'm new here in Techspot. I need help, badly.
I installed argosafe keylogger in my laptop a few months back because my wife uses it also, I just want to know what websites she's going into. Last week I purchase and installed Symantec anti-virus and it deleted the argosafe keylogger. Now every time I log in to my laptop I got this "RunDLL error: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\system32\argmon\arglog.dll. The specified module could not be found." It pains in the *** that I can't remove it. I tried msconfig and selected Selective startup, I tried deleting the arglog.dll in REGEDIT but it's still there.

Please help.
Dacanai

Welcome aboard

Since this is not infection issue I'm moving this to Windows forum.

What a relief! I thought it's a malware.
Any help guys? do I need to reformat my laptop to get rid of this error?

Reinstalling the OS should get the problem fixed, but give it a little time and someone with more knowledge than me will probably be in and give u an easier solution.

It is possible that installing then uninstalling the application will successfully reverse whatever is causing the application dll to be referenced. This will clearly depend on the quality of the argosafe software uninstall procedure, but has to be safer than the arbitary deletion caused by Symantec.

No guarantees of course, but this procedure is often recommended when an inexperienced user has simply deleted an application without understanding that much else is required for a proper uninstall.

Back