Rundll error at start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

Hi,

I am fixing someones PC right now, and I can not seem to get rid of one last problem. I get this pop up (see image) at each start up. I know that "AntivirusPlus" is crap-ware.

I ran Malwarebytes and AVG (fully updated), with some results, but they were all taken care of .
I also ran "sfc/ scannow" which taken care of the other pop up that I was getting, however I do not have the original CD's that it is asking me for, so for few errors I had to skip.
I have also checked all the processes ans services, and none are related.

Anyone know how to fix that error?

Thanks

Try running "Hijack This" & removing the entry - and any others of that name, then rebooting.

It appears there are fragments of the Malware left behind.

I also ran "sfc/ scannow" which taken care of the other pop up that I was getting, however I do not have the original CD's that it is asking me for, so for few errors I had to skip.
You mean SFC /ScanNow of course (your forward slash was in the wrong spot)
Also, if your Windows installation has errors and you don't have the original CD, then it isn't exactly "fixed" by you then :/
You could try updating or re-installing XP SP3 (if XP) or Vista SP2 (if Vista)
That sometimes gets Windows all ok (note: I'd uninstall AVG and then run the AVG Remover then Restart first, as long as you did get all Malwares out)

Yes a good tool is HiJackThis to show the 04 Entry that is loading that startup
But other entries in there, including 023 (services) can corrupt Windows if you just remove (fix) them

If you are unsure how to "Fix" someones computer that had Malware on it, then you are best to run through This Guide, and get an experienced support helper to help you. Note: An experienced support helper, would not have left any malwares still trying to load with Windows, in your logs

Also checkout THIS reply to you, stating AVG may not be enough.
I use free Avira myself, and find it works perfectly. You may want to take that in consideration.

Just as a warning (or heads up) When you "Fix" someones computer, but you are not exactly sure yourself, then if Windows decides not to Start anymore (which can easily happen, especially with missing Windows system files) Then if it all goes wrong, you will be to blame. Not them.
Therefore, it may be best that they themselves come to TechSpot to get free support ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back