Rundll32 errors (among others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Where to begin?

Okay so my ten year old son has been using my computer. It started out with the vundob virus and is slowly spiraling out of control. IE is infected with pop-ups, somehow my computer no longer has cd burner software, now firefox is infected with pop-ups, and recently my desktop icons disappeared but have magically reappeared and then today i received rundll.32.exe - application error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005). If it wasn't for the pictures and the music I believe I would be having a ritualistic burning of the computer. Attached is the HJT report. Thanks in advance

Hi quikslvr24,

Welcome to Techspot!

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM log
2)SAS log
3)Hijackthis log (last step)

This thread is for the use of quikslvr24 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Disable any real time protection if you haven't already

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Before we remove anything else - lets install the recovery console so that you have it

First lets install the recovery console.

Go to Microsoft's website here --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994
Select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System

Windows XP SP2
rc2.jpg

Download the file and save it as it's original name to your desktop

Close all open windows and programs, then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console. When complete, a log will open. Please attach that log here.

rc1.gif

=======================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back