Runescape on mac os x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubrey C1

Hello i am a user of a mac os x computer and i am struggling to play runescape as the lag makes the game unplayable for me. my comp has 400mhz power pc G3 processor with 384MB SDRAM memory can anybody give me tips on what i can do or any downloads you recommend?

What OS?

You meet the minimum system requirements for it. Try shutting down everything you can possibly think of before running the game. If you are running Tiger reboot and don't open up dashboard before running the game. If you are on OS 9, boot up with as many extentions disabled as possible.

SNGX1275, you're making me feel bad, I know we're suppose to give advise but you could have at least tossed in a joke. I am now realizing he's using a mac as well pfft, dang man, let me send you my pda

From Wikipedia on MMORPGs:
RuneScape Mac OS X 10.3.9 300 MHz 64 MB Java 56k
He's got the minimum specs, 133% of the processing requirement and 600% the minimum RAM. It should run it just fine, so I think my advice stands until we have further input from Aubrey C1.

I did notice the title says OS X, so that takes out my advice on OS 9. But it still stands for finding out what version of OS X, 10.3 and below don't have dashboard.

sorry about the wait dudes it's just that this is a really old imac it's a version 10.4.9 don't know what it means could you list anything that would really effect the speed please and i'll get back to you on what i have :)

SNGX1275 said:
From Wikipedia on MMORPGs:

He's got the minimum specs, 133% of the processing requirement and 600% the minimum RAM. It should run it just fine, so I think my advice stands until we have further input from Aubrey C1.

I did notice the title says OS X, so that takes out my advice on OS 9. But it still stands for finding out what version of OS X, 10.3 and below don't have dashboard.

133% of the needed processing required, are you forgetting that these newer games are negating the fact that 2% of people actually have computers older than them. Also plenty of games give minimum requirements to play a game, but who the hell wants to be jumping all over the place when you try to play. I really hope this issue works out for him. That or a 299 usd dell could do better.

so how do you gain processing then? soz i'm only 19 i don't really know much about computers could you tell me what is needed to increase speed and how to do it thanks for all your help so far ( no improvement yet though ) :(

You can't increase processor without spending money, and upgrades for G3s are ridiclously expensive. There isn't much you can do, I suppose you can go through your Activity Monitor and try to force quit some things (you can safely close all the dashboard widgets). Help yourself out by writing down what you force quit and what consequences it has. If there are resolution or quality settings for the game, lower them.

i've tried force quitting everything possible there is a slight improvement but nothing superficial still almost unplayable but thanks for that tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back