Runing pc with 100% usage of CPU and other stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebanito

Hy,

I'm Bebanito and lately I had some bad problems with my PC. Specs for my PC:pentium4, 2.6Ghz, XP PRO 2002, SP2, 640 MB RAM. First I always have my CPU running with 85-100% usage, PC is slow, slugging, sometimes freezes and worse of all, my ISP company cut my Internet 3 times because they said they've been detected spam coming from my computer...So I started scanning with my antivirus(McAfee) and my antispyware(XoftSpySE and Windows Defender).The antivirus found 1 Trojan(I forgot which type) and some cookies...
I was happy for a while, then again the ISP cut me off...Did the hole thing again, found nothing! Looking in the task manager I observed that the scvhost.exe was the one eating most of my CPU, so I started looking on the net to find something about this...and I found u guys!
I did everything from the thread about viruses and trojans and malware and spyware and now I attach all the log files here!
I'm waiting for an opinion from u!
Thanks!

I think these are all...hope not forgetting anything...if I did, please tell me.

Thanks again!

P.S. I'm waiting the verdict: to reinstall OS or not?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean as a whistle.

The only suggestion I have to make, is you turn off the AVG Antispyware resident shield.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bebanito only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you very much, but how about the trojan which is quarantined?Should I delete it?And what about turning the AVG Antispyware resident shield off?And I still have the CPU running high....

P.S.: I couldn't use the online virus scanner...it kept me for 2 hours and didn't finished...it frezees...I tried 3 times, same happened...

Yes, you can delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Turning off the AVG Antispyware resident shield will use less system resources.

Don`t worry about the online scanner. Your system looks clean to me.

Go and read this thread HERE, for info on how to speed up your system.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bebanito only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you very much!
That was helpful...still one question...because of what AVG Antispyware found in my pc should I do a reinstall of XP? I use my pc for online banking...

Go and read this thread HERE, then make whatever decision you feel is appropriate.

Even though your system looks clean, I can`t guarantee 100% that the system is safe to use for online banking etc.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back