Running 2 mobos on a single system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently came out with this idea to run my system with 2 motherboards.

i called my local computer hardware "uncle" and he told me it was possible, as two motherboards may be plugged in with a "master" and "slave" configuration with some alterations in the circuitry.i am not sure what he can do as i have yet to visit him.
i will update you guys if this arrangement for the mobos worked.

Uhm.. Yes, you can put two motherboards in one box.

As for "running".. As you know, it is the CPU that "runs" stuff in a computer. And with two mobos you have two separate CPUs and two separate sets of RAM, giving you, in reality, two separate computers no matter what you do.

Nodsu said:

As for "running".. As you know, it is the CPU that "runs" stuff in a computer. And with two mobos you have two separate CPUs and two separate sets of RAM, giving you, in reality, two separate computers no matter what you do.

That is correct. It wouldn't be possible due to those facts.

Nodsu said:

Correct. And there is no way to hack this technology to provide, for example, a computer that has 2 motherboards, one CPU, etc. A motherboard IS a computer, in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back