Running antimalware turns PC off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday i downloaded an application to convert documents to pdf format. Since then everything went wrong: My computer turns off whenever it feels like it, especially when i run avira and malwarebytes to check whats wrong, even in safemode. Hijackthis works fine, but i don't understand much of that. If someone can help me with this, I would be very greatful.

can someone please take a look at my hijackthis log?

Malware/Virus has compromised abilty to run Security Software... Expert Help Needed.

One of the Experts here can help you find a way to get past whatever is preventing your running of AV and Malwarebytes.

Since unguided use of HJT can not only complicate matters... it can leave your system unusable if you do something wrong... Expert guidance is needed.

I am not an expert...
Just a quick review of your HJT log shows these areas of concern for me...
Do not try to change anything without help,

but answers to a couple of questions could be helpful...

re: conime.exe - see https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic126128.html
Per Bobbye in another recent thread...
this entry is likely okay, but since it can also be malware, you just need to verify it:

C:\Windows\system32\conime.exe
Re: conime.exe a trojan?

It CAN be: Description: conime.exe is a process which is registered as the BFGhost 1.0 Remote administration backdoor tool. This backdoor application can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

Or it CAN be: If your locale is set to an asian language, than it's more than likely it's a Microsoft service.Process name: Input Method Editor

You should show hidden files and folders> Then Find it and right click on it and check the properties. See if it's from Microsoft

re: Clue.exe - Are you in Norway by any chance? (Other HJT entries make me think this is likely)
If so, then does this sound like one of your aps?
Quick loading, easy to use, offline dictionary. Also known as "Clue for Windows", Clue has gained popularity in Norway for being the first and only electronic dictionary that had a good implementation of the Norwegian<->English dictionary. Also supports French, German and Swedish, and has separate technical, medicinal etc dictionaries available as commercial addons.
or is it perhaps this?
Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion (US Title) Cluedo: Murder at Blackwell Grange (European Title) Clue/Cluedo is a direct conversion of the original game as a computer game. As such, it takes place in the same mansion and features the same goal of the board game.

Other Notes...
R0 section needs work.
O1 Section probably needs work
O2 Section needs work...
etc
O23 Section... looks like you still have traces of a Symantec ap, but had removed the program?

Lots of good folk here who generously donate their expertise. Be Patient.

Thanks for answering, B00kWyrm, it makes it easier to be patient when someone replies.

I don't think the asian set is anything I would have use for, but i'l check if it is from Microsoft once I get home.
Clue is a dictionary, but I've had it for a long time and it has never bothered me me with viruses og any malware trouble. And yes, I am in Norway.
The Symantec app that you see some traces of is uninstalled software that came allready installed on my laptop as a trial.

Thanks. I'll be patient, waiting for the generous experts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back