Running GameSpy games in high priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative_Pulse

Thanks to some of the posters here i now know how to make shortcuts for my games that will launch them with high priority.

Thing is, GameSpy launches the original exe file and not the new shortcut i created. Im going to see if i can find where gamespy stores the file path info and change its target to the new shortcut.

Has anyone done this? With any success or problems?

Another alternative would be to rename the game executable and name the shortcut as the game exe calling the real exe with new name (if I made any sense here).

It may be that some games expect their executable to have a certain name but I think most of them should run OK.

Naming the shortcut the main exe file and pointing it at the original exe file that was now renamed didnt work.

However, i did the same thing except i made it a bat file, and it worked!

Now when i click on a server in gamespy it launches medal of honor in high priority.

Only odd thing is, when it launchs it doesnt join the server i clicked on, rather it just launches a normal single player game. All i do is use mohaa's in-game server list to join a game. But its strange none the less.

maybe gamespy passes some parameters to the game exe to make it connect to somewhere?

In the bat file append "%1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9" to the game executable command so that any parameters given to the batch file get forwarded to the exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back