TechSpot

Running multiple Antispyware safe?

By needforspeed
Aug 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am new here and was wondering if it's OK to run Spybot TeaTimer at the same time as Microsoft Antispyware's Real-time Protection? Both will be running in the background.

Additionally, TeaTimer's registry change alert box is distorted such that I can not see the text indicating which button will allow the change and which will prevent the change. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Those 2 can live in harmony.
    Download the latest Spybot version from the web, then uninstall and reinstall to solve the problem.
  3. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Yeah, using Spoybots built-in auto-updater may fix the issue. I've been using 3; Spybot, Ad-aware, Microsoft Anti-spyware for some time now & there's been no problems.
  4. needforspeed

needforspeed TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for your replys!

I am using Spybot 1.4 which I just installed yesterday. I will uninstall and try again. I also have it set to automatically check for newer versions. Hopefully that will fix the distorted pop-up window.

Thanks again!
  5. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.