Running out of space

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellRell

Hi, I have a DELL INSPIRON Laptop and Run Windows XP
I had a problem with the entire operating system and had to do a clean install of XP. It took me a few times to get it right and now I have a few versions oloaded.
I used the C: Drive for it, and now the C Drive if FULL. I cant load anything and get a lot of error messages about low disk space. I deleted as much as I can and still have like 1% free.
The D: Drive has like 80% free, but I dont even use it.
Please help me.
It seems like a have space, I am just in the wrong drive or something.
Thanks.

did you perform full format of your hdd b4 each new install, if not then thats probably ur problem. try re-installing and doing a full format of your hdd.

You need 17% free space to prevent that message. But you can usually delete images and jokes with images to reduce your drive content enough. After you delete files, you should defragment your hard drives.
You can also use a partition manager such as Acronis, System Commander or Symantec Ghost to delete the partition and return the unused space to full service, giving you the space that you need.

You can also purchase a new hard drive that will work in that machine that is much larger:
100 GB $111.49
120 GB $84.99
160 GB $117.39
These are Seagate drives with the five year warranty. They are available at www.zipzoomfly.com and many other sites. At zipzoomfly.com, the shippin is free.

move your temp files, music, and internet explorer files and internet temp files to the d drive to save space. turn off system restore, especially if you have something like go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back