Runtime Error C:windows Explorer.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! This Runtime Error Pops Up And Won't Let Me Access My C Drive And Many Of My Folders. Anyone Have A Fix? It Happened After I Downloaded Yahoo Voice. I've Since Uninstalled And Reinstalled Yahoo And That Didn't Work. I Can't Uninstall Internet Explorer Because I Can't Access My Cd Rom (to Reinstall) Because The Runtime Error Won't Let Me. Hellllpppp

windows 2k and XP make it impossible to uninstall internet explorer. internet explorer is run by iexplore.exe. your problem is with the windows interface (explorer.exe runs windows explorer, your start bar, system try, and so on)

try booting in safe mode (press F8 right when windows starts to load). if you still can't get the same problem in safe mode, you're in trouble. a reformat or repair instllation of windows will be nessesary.

this could have easily been caused by malicious software (viruses, malware, spyware...). usually, the reasons that windows computers are compromised by this stuff are:

1) the use of internet explorer (use mozilla firefox www.mozilla.com)

2) the lack of any protective software (use avg free edition free.grisoft.com)

3) user negligence. be careful what you download, what sites you visit, and what programs you agree to install.

I reallly appreciate you. I started in safe mode and was able to access my c drive. However, I still need a fix. I do have AVG virus protection. The only thing I downloaded was yahoo voice, before the problem occurred. Any suggestions? I am now using yahoo browser instead of internet explorer (i have yahoo sbc dsl) Do you still recommend firefox? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Do not create multiple thread for the same subject. Reply in the first thread you created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back