TechSpot

Runtime error keeps kicking me off internet

By MaaMaaBear
Nov 13, 2007
  1. What do I need to do to get rid of this error? If I try to quite an application, while on the internet, it kicks me off everything!
    The message reads:

Runtime error!

Program:cc;\programfiles\internet explorer\jexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to Terminate it an unusual way, Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

I just reset my Internet Explorer to its original settings...and I still get an error, saying runtime error.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

3. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

Its possible you've been hit by a virus. I don't recognise that file name, and a legit file name in that folder should read iexplorer (letter i) rather than the letter j.

Please read this, and open a new thread in the Security and Web section, with your HJT log (and any others requested) attached.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

4. Tmagic650

It's probably just a typo N3051M... It's not a bad idea to check for viruses or malware though

5. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

yeh.. maybe typo or not (but don't you use different finger for i and j touchtyping?)

either way, won't know untill he post back.

6. Tmagic650

The "I" is just above the "J" on a US keyboard

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.