Runtime Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajb924

Sorry dont know in which category to put my query so i will put it here:

While surfing the internet and open some site sometime i get this error and it terminates my surfing and close me the window and have to start again.. the error i get says

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY

Runtime Error!
Program: C:/Program Files/ Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe

may you pls give me any suggestion how can i slove this problem? cos its really pissing me off

thanks

Re-install IE or update to IE6, then apply SP1, followed by the internet updates from the MS website (click on "Windows Update" in your Start-menu)

Originally posted by realblackstuff
Re-install IE or update to IE6, then apply SP1, followed by the internet updates from the MS website (click on "Windows Update" in your Start-menu)

thanks a lot for your reply, but from where should i instal internet explorer , it comes with windows already

even though i ve downloaded those patches im still getting this annoying warning which close down the internet explorer

i dont get it all the time but quite frequently and then i have to reopen the site

Check (in file finder) for msvc*.dll
These should only be in your \windows\system32 directory.
(and perhaps in the dllcache)
If there are duplicates in e.g. your \windows directory, delete them.

there 's only one double file, i tried to delete it but windows warned me that by doing so i might corrupt the windows

i dont think its a good idea

Which OS are you running, what Service Pack(s) did you install and what version is your Internet Explorer?
Have you tried alternatives like Opera or Netscape or Mozilla, and do they have the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back