S-ATA drivers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there:
I am having problems loading XP with my new HD (WD Cavalier 160 GB). I have an ASUS board P4S8X (the first ASUS board supporting SATA). XP doesn't recognize the HD. I have tried a WD driver to no avail. I can't find an ASUS driver for SATA (or RAID but that is another story) likely because one doesn't exist for this board despite it does have SATA. When I load the WD driver during XP install (F6 function during boot), it sees the driver but still doesn't load. I have contacted ASUS to no avail. The drive is correctly installed (I can see it with Seagate's HD utility), plus my RAID BIOS sees it too! Does anyone have any ideas as to how install this drive??? Thanks!

I have a similar problem

I, too, am trying to install a SATA HD on a P4S8X. I have a Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA HD. Like you, I can see the HD in system/device manager, and the Seagate utility, but it does not create partitions or format the drive. I tried flashing my BIOS, and everything should be fine, but... no partition means no fun. I would appreciate any insight.

-Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back