S&M Testing with BSOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev32

Hopefully Finally the end of a 5 month battle with my PC is coming to a close....

Okay heres what the problem is. As some of you know (from previous posts here) I have been having problems with my PC since around July. I didn't install any new software/hardware...nothing. Yet I got BSOD's...and more BSOD's...Along with the BSOD's all my games became unstable. To this very moment I can play CSS for about 1hr before it crashes. Rise of Nations, crash along with world of warcraft, Call of duty, Warcraft 3, Fahrenheit, Black and White 2 everything! Although they crash after different lengths of playing they will all crash with this 0xC0000005 error. Now at first I thought it to be RAM...I did memtest/windows diagnostics and 10 others. All came back with 100%. Did burn in tests as well. All 100%. then I came across this marvelous program named S&M....

Well Ran S&M and on CPU test it passed it on both caches and on the integer. Got to CPU (FPU) test and after about 1min, BOOM! BSOD!...So XP rebooted and i decided to run the RAM test on S&M only...100% no problems! Ran the CPU test again and at the exact same place it crashed! With a different BSOD.

I'll post the 2 dumps here and if you want more i have no doubt i can get S&M to make some more :)

Before people accuse my RAM I will like you to all know that it's 100% tested fine AND I used my brothers PC's RAM in here which I know is fine and yet games did the exact same crashes. As for CPU temp during S&M...Well I wouldn't call 41 degrees overheating now :/ As for cleanliness of case: Gave this PC a full cleanage over the weekend making it look brand new ^_^

Thanks for any confirmation you guys can give me :D

EDIT: Hehey!! Well another forum just recommended I use Prime95 if I think the culprit is my CPU so I did and what happened...Crashy! BSOD with the exact same STOP error! The final CPU temp at time of crash was 43 degrees.

Hi Dev32,

Your windows are crashed due to faulty memory. Failed memory hardware, such as memory modules, Level 2 (L2) SRAM cache, or video adapter RAM. Your RAM is good but it must be compatible to your motherboard.

Suggestion
1. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
2. Clean the dust inside the computer case
3. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
4. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
5. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
6. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt
7. Run 3D Mark to stress test your video ram

Your Debug report
Mini112905-01.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf9e150a, bab96dd4, 0}
Probably caused by : ati2dvag.dll ( ati2dvag+d50a )

Mini112905-02.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {a0551280, 2, 0, 804dc2fb}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KiTimerExpiration+2e )

Thanks again cpc :grinthumb

My RAM is:

Infineon 512mb PC3200 2.5-3-3-8
Infineon 512mb PC3200 2.5-4-4-8

This RAM served me brilliantly for a good 7 months where I played many games which are now crashing. Didn't touch it since I put it in my PC in December 2004. Is there no way my BSOD's could be related in someway to my CPU? I have posted on several different forums who all say my CPU is to blame. To be honest, when I bought these compnents to build my PC I was meant to get a AMD Athlon XP 3000+. When I put it in my PC the Bios didn't auto-detect the CPU so I set it to 3000+ where the PC then refused to even boot up :/ I then took the CPU out to check it where I accidentally bent one of the pins at the back so used pliers to bend it back. Plugged the CPU back in with a cleared CMOS and then decided to try out other CPU settings. The only on that worked was 3200+ so I just guessed that they must've sent me a 3200+ instead. Maybe I've accidentally o/c'd an already damaged XP 3000+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back