S.T.A.L.K.E.R. crashes in Vista during quicksave and save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_84

Hello everyone.
I am having problem with s.t.a.l.k.e.r. running in Vista. Most of the time I try to save the game it crashes it and it's very annoying.
So does anyone have any solution for this?
Thanks to any help.

My friend has Stalker on Vista and didn't say anything about the issue you've got...strange. Have you got the latest patch? It's v1.0003, and both 1.0001 and 1.0003 contain a large number of Vista compatibility tweaks and bug fixes, that might do the trick.. here's the link

yes, I have the latest patch and it's still doing it.
your friend must have 64bit version of Vista, I have 32bit and this problem seems to be have only with 32bit vista.

Can you please ask him for me if he has done anything to run this game without crashing? Please ask him and let me know. Thanks a lot.

Stalker crashes alot on my XP machine as well. Never happens on other titles. Crash also happens randomly, and anywhere from 2mins to 2 hours game time. I never finished the game because of this.

0. In the future, please read the topic titles and first posts carefully, this is a vista stalker problem, not an xp stalker problem. You should consider opening a new topic.

1.Do you have the latest patch?

2. Is there any message that follows up the crash, or does it just crash? And how exactly does it crash; to desktop,resets your pc or something else?

Give us more detail please.

@Dennis_84: I will.

He doesn't remember if he had those crashes while saving, says it was a long time ago..

I'm curious; have you turned off user account control, because that can be one nasty vista's feature; it controls all file types that are changed, and it could be preventing s.t.a.l.ke.r. from creating savegame files as you haven't manually allowed it, which could lead to crashes.

If your UAC (user account control) is turned on, you should try following these steps and then see if the problem is fixed:

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click Run, type secpol.msc in the Open text box, and then click OK.
2. From the Local Security Settings console tree, click Local Policies, and then Security Options.
3. Scroll down and double-click User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation.
4. From the User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation Properties dialog box, click Disabled, and then click OK.
5. Close the Local Security Settings window.

I have found out the problem. It was the Virtual Memory problem.
I had low VM in my computer, I changed it and it's been working fine since.
Thanks for your time and help.
Take care.

HI! Is there any patch to make Russian s.t.a.l.k.e.r. to an english? If you know one can you give me adress?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back