S-Video - Computer (Ati9600) -> Television

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

I have a dvd drive in my pc, and was wondering if i bought a cable which type should i buy? (i already have audio connectors). And what problems are there with my films not showing up on my tv screen? Can i play games?

Thanks, Alex

You should buy a cable that fits your TV-out and the inputs of your TV.
Your TV most likely wants to see composite input via a RCA or a SCART connector. I assume you have a s-video output so you need a cable that can plug into that too.

You seem to have an Ati video card. Ati TV-out only produces s-video so your TV has to either support s-video (SVHS) inputs or you need an expensive converter that can convert your computers s-video output to composite.

In short. If you have something that accepts s-video then all you need is a plain cable with right plugs at the ends. If you don't have a s-vide compatible receiver then you have to shell out for a s-video to composite converter and whatever cables you may need for that.

Videos not showing on TV means your video player is using overlays. Disable those and things will show up.

Thanks,

Thanks for the help, my tv has S-VHS s-video on the front, its quite small port. Does this have a name? when i looked at differnt s-video cables there were two types: Mini Din or another thing. Am i just speaking rubbish? or are all the s-video cables the same?

Thanks for the help!

Alex

Mini DIN is the PS/2 keyboard connector sized thing - all video cards and SVHS devices i have seen seen use that so it should be the same. Just compare the port on your TV to the port on your computer. Should be the same.

gamingguy27 said:
what problems are there with my films not showing up on my tv screen?
Some software (DVD) players refuse to work if TV output is enabled, thanks to copy protection fears.

Some graphics cards also have extra pins on S-VHS connectors, it depends on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back