s-video output help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the good fortune of being given several movies on vcd. They play perfectly on my pc , but will not play at all when I try to fire them to my tv.

My graphics card is a geforce2mx , which the amnual says "this card supports only playing pc game on tv out and there will be no output when playing dvd"

Is this it ? can I update the driver or is it a new card? Any help appreciated

thanks

Which version of NVIDIA's Detonator drivers are you using? If you are using edited ones that came with your computer from your manufacturer, they could have methods to prevent copyrighted material being sent out via tv-out. Try updating to the latest drivers from NVIDIA . I have also experienced problems like this, updating the drivers seemed to do the trick. Good Luck and welcome to TechSpot :grinthumb !

I guess that DVD issue is because of Macrovision copy protection. I would try Tvtool, and disabling overlay, as most cards don't support overlay on second display.

Yea, I bet the problem is with using overlay video. Turn it off if your video player supports the option or use a different player that doesn't do overlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back