S-Video question

Status
Not open for further replies.

acefsj

I have an s-video card in my desktop but cant seem to get it running on my tv.
I also have a laptop witch has a graphics card and it works fine on the tv.
Do i need a graphics card in the desktop to make this work

I went to display settings but no option anywhere to use a different monitor. That is what i had to do with my laptop, but with the desktops no luck on either of them 2 different desktops 2 different s-video cards. Im thinking it has to be setup some where but cant find out where.

I have no idea what video card you have, but In catalyst control center or nvidia control panel there is a option to detect displays or just turn it off connect the TV and the boot so at startup it can detect your TV then it should be in display properties.

acefsj said:
I went to display settings but no option anywhere to use a different monitor. That is what i had to do with my laptop, but with the desktops no luck on either of them 2 different desktops 2 different s-video cards. Im thinking it has to be setup some where but cant find out where.

You don't have the full driver and display console for your video card? Who makes the PC check with the manufacturer web site or video card maker. That's the only way it's going to work. Default Microsoft Windows Drivers don't have all the features just min requirements that it.

I have the drivers right from ati website and still nothing i don't have a graphics card could that be the problem? because on my laptop i have a graphics card and it works fine don't even have to set it up just automatically detects it.

go to the manufacture of the mother board or computer and get the drivers they have, it will probably work then. also if u had a graphics card it would work.

Thanks for the help.
But in the end i just had to buy a cheap graphics card and now it's just like my laptop i go into nvidia pane and automaticly detects it right away. From my experience you cant get it working without a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back