TechSpot

S-Video TV Problems after Driver Update

By drnewbie
Feb 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone,

I had been using an S-Video to Composite connection from my GeForce 6800GT to my old Standard Def TV(Clone) with no problems until I updated my graphics drivers a few months back. I'm not exactly sure if the update is the cause of the problem, but after a while of trial & error it would be my best guess. At first, it worked almost perfectly; the picture, color, etc were all great.. but now almost everything is messed up and distorted.. even during start-up, before windows loads. I've tried messing around with the settings and all but nothing seems to work. I even bought another S-Video/Composite cable with same results. If anyone can help me out, I would be very grateful:).

Thanks
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

Have you tried doing a roll back to before you upgraded using the system restore function.?

Regards
  3. drnewbie

drnewbie Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hey

I have tried System Restore a few times, but it tells me they were unable to restore settings or something and that no changes were made. I guess my only other option is to reformat my harddrives and start over again. Thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.