Saddam Finally Caught

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo hell yah baby!

Now are we just gonna keep him in captivity and left him live or what?

I say either A or B:

A; Fry him in oil like you would fry a french fry
B; Give him ebola!

That's a good start. It would have been better to find Osama, we probably would have shot him on sight ;).

I say stick him in a cell and let you kids (ok, younger folk) loose on him. :D

No matter what happens to Saddam now, I hope this will be an impetus for all the violence still going on to stop. Maybe peace will at last come to Iraq, but I'm not sure it will.

I just hope now he'll help us track down other anti-Americans in the middle east who keep suicide bombing everything.

Come on guys, I've had to delete some posts in here on opposite ends of the spectrum. If you can't made a comment in here intellegently without trying to get a rise out of people that may disagree with you just don't post, we don't need threads on this forum that are going to make enemies among members.

Really, what is the point of all this celebration? Killing him would be illegal (geneva), and would probably make him a martyr and increase the violence. Imprisoning him will cost you *millions* over time.

Although I think this post is probably going to be deleted, especially considering my 8 hour or so argument with SNGX in the IRC channel at the start of the war :)

By killing him I was talking about execution after conviction through the new Iraqi court. The US goverment has already stated that is where he will be tried, and convicted. He's obviously going to die after all of the murder he commited....

i think we should give him a sex change operation so he looks like paris hilton. then we dress him in a mini skirt and tube top and drop him in a muslim village in afghanistan or pakistan

Thats good news, I hope the coallition forces will continue to focus on hunting down Saddam Hussein's counterparts as well Osama bin Laden and crew.

Most people seem to think we should give him exactly the sort of justice he gave to others.

But that is where we then send out a message to the Middle East that this sort of thing is OK. Its not. Its not OK to execute people without a fair trial, etc.

We need to show them about democracy, peace, justice. OK, we are not exactly a perfect model ourselves, but its a start and how we deal with this man, and see that justice is done, will effect the outcome of democracy, peace and justice in the middle East.

We need to be civilised and fair. I don't exactly think that the man is going to be let off with a parking ticket, do you?

A completely fair trial can become very tricky and boring. When was the last time Mr. Milosevic appeared in the news? The guy was arrested over 2 years ago, the trial began about 20 months ago and it still goes on. Noone remembers or cares really anymore.

People want show. Like the Evil being ran over with a tank (preferrably live news coverage) or subjecting him to some sick stereotypical idea of all muslim men.

Sorry let me get this straight Nodsu, you actually belive in executing somebody without a fair trial?

Well Im glade the british are involved because they dont belive in the death penelty.
Heres one of my favorate sayings just for you nodsu:
Its better that 100 guilty men go free then for 1 innocent man to go to jail.

I have had serious amounts of stuff stolen from me but I still say it.Just imaine the tourment eating your mind if you were in jail for something you didnt do or worse awaiting your death on death row(I cannot actually belive that a westernised country still has the death penelty in this day and age)

But just one more question bfore posts are deleted or the topic is locked, why do average Americans hate Saddam Husaine?

But say if someone mugged you, another one stole your car and a third one beat up your mother. And then you were asked if you would like to let them go free (with 97 other really mean criminals) so one guy wouldn't have to sit a year for something he didn't do. And you know that those guys let free wil break into your house the next night and murder your family?

Many dictators / leaders have committed a lot of crimes, genocides and so on. Yet I haven't heard "average Americans" having same kind of opinions about Pol Pot, Ceausescu, Hutus in Rwanda and others like they have about Hussein.

Back in the 80s when Iraq used chemical weapons against Kurds, the US was actually helping them. (story)
A UN security council statement condemning Iraq's use of chemical weapons in the war was issued in 1986, but the US and other western governments continued supporting Baghdad militarily and politically into the closing stages of the war.

When Iraq invaded Kuwait, it was the United Nations who ordered Iraq to withdraw, not the USA. story

After an attack to US on 11th Sep 2001, an attack that was planned by Osama Bin Laden and carried out by al-Qaeda (story), US declared "war on terror" and, for some reason, considered Iraq to be a threat too. (story)
Waging a war on terror is a complex business. In fact many in Britain are convinced that the regime of Saddam Hussein, brutal as it was, had little to do with terrorism per se.

Terror, n.
1. Intense, overpowering fear. See Synonyms at fear.
2. One that instills intense fear: a rabid dog that became the terror of the neighborhood.
3. The ability to instill intense fear: the terror of jackboots pounding down the street.
4. Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes.
5. Informal. An annoying or intolerable pest: that little terror of a child.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

War against that is, in my opinion, impossible to win.

In November 2002, after weeks of wrangling, the UN Security Council passed resolution 1441. It was designed to force Iraq to give up all weapons of mass destruction and threatening "serious consequences" if it did not comply. Iraq accepted the terms of the resolution and weapons inspections resumed.

In early February 2003, US Secretary of State Colin Powell told the UN that inspections were not achieving the disarmament of Iraq. The US and UK pressed for a new resolution authorising military action against Iraq. France and Russia opposed this resolution, and threatened to veto it.

The resolution never came to a vote and early on 20 March, the US-led campaign to topple Iraqi Saddam Hussein began.
(story)

It's been over a year since resolution 1441 was passed and no WMDs have been found.

Conclusion: I can only think of one thing An average American would have against Hussein - having their loved ones killed in a war against Iraq, but that's because they were ordered to go there.

Personally I'm glad that there's one brutal dictator less in this planet (granted, he's still alive, but not ruling).

I am an Average American, and I do have something against him. Just like me, all those who died under his rule were human beings. Nationality means little, they were still human lives. A man that is that much of a monster has no business ruling a country....

If watching a fair trial is so boring then why did so many people tune in when O.J. was on trial?

I think if reporters find the angle they did when he was on trial then it could be interesting. Instant gratification isn't always the answer. If we think about it we have more time to think how to punish him best.

I mean, look at all the stories that will be told by those that were tortured or by the families of those that were killed. If we have a speedy trial we won't have any of that come out legally. Any one could come out and say they were tortured and make up some BS kind of story but if they are in court it will be investigated and if they lie they will be punished.

When Iraq invaded Kuwait, it was the United Nations who ordered Iraq to withdraw, not the USA.
Isnt the U.N like 51% us funded?

Back in the 80s when Iraq used chemical weapons against Kurds, the US was actually helping them.

U.S supplyed chemicle wepons I must add.

I am an Average American, and I do have something against him. Just like me, all those who died under his rule were human beings. Nationality means little, they were still human lives. A man that is that much of a monster has no business ruling a country....

What about Bush? Do you know how many of your fellow humans(living in the us) die from lack of health care? to be honest I dont think a monster like bush has buissness in ruling a country.

But say if someone mugged you, another one stole your car and a third one beat up your mother. And then you were asked if you would like to let them go free (with 97 other really mean criminals) so one guy wouldn't have to sit a year for something he didn't do. And you know that those guys let free wil break into your house the next night and murder your family?

What If that one guy was you? And what happened to your "justice and freedom needs sacrifice"?

Its nice of you to post your views and im sorry if i have offended you in any way, i just wanted to post my views because i see this from a totally different angle to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back