TechSpot

Saddam will die in 3 hours

By smore9648
Dec 29, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. They have announced that Saddam will be executed in with in 3 hours. 0600hrs Iraq time.

I am so glad this part is finally over with. I hated watching the trial, it lasted too long.
    Even though his death will be a significant achievement to the world, unfortunately he is only one person on the list thousands of terrorists we have to deal with.
    His sons are dead and soon so will he. Hell will be busy tonight

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

3. Angelbear

Angelbear TS Rookie

HE DEAD HE DEAD !!!! YEAH!!! Another peice of garbage taken out to the Land fill. he Died just Shortly after 9 pm CST !! So Glad the Air a Lot Fresher tonight !!!:approve: :hotbounce
    Angelbear
    But do we Really want to ruin a Good land fill with something that is equvanlant of a Nuclear Waste lol.. jmo.

4. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 697

DEAD at last!! Dead at last!! Thanks to the soldiers he is dead at last

5. smore9648

I was in the 7th Grade for the 1st Gulf War. I remember it well

6. cfitzarl

He's gone. Now we wait until video is leaked to the public ;) . I just wonder if the Sunnis will rebel his death.

7. Angelbear

Angelbear TS Rookie

That I dont know . All I know is that the US Gov. Was wanting to appeal his Execution. Go figure. They said on the news that they WASNT going to show the vedio. On the news . But I bet that it will show up on Utube ya wanna bet ;) .
    Angel

8. cfitzarl

They videotaped his hanging. I can guarantee you it will be leaked to the public :eek:

9. Finchy

Finchy TS Rookie Posts: 353

I personnally dont think id want to watch someone be hanged.
    I am sort of pleased that hes dead, but i am generally against the death penalty.

I do understand why people want him to die and he was the Hitler of the 90's who did horrible things.
    I think i may have perfered it if he was locked away in a maximum security prison for life.

10. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Posts: 302

The full video is out if anyone wants to see it.

11. cfitzarl

It's very shaky and blurry just to let you know. Almost everyone I know has seen it...:dead:

It was shown on CNN if you can believe that (up to the actual trap door falling).

12. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

They should have handed Saddam over to the Kurd's... Hanging was too good for him

13. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

They shouldn't have hung him at all, death is to good for him. They should have made him spend his life in a prison, rather then letting him become a martyred

14. cfitzarl

It's proabably not the greatest idea to debate here :blackeye: . Howard will most likely come in if we get to "fierce" and close the thread :blackeye:.

15. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

I'm not debating anything, it is just my opinion

16. Tmagic650

I saw the video of the hanging... I still say we should have handed him over to people in that Kurd city he gassed

17. Angelbear

Angelbear TS Rookie

Cfitzarl,
    I cant Beleive that CNN of all ppl has the viedeo . Now that is a new one you know lol . But that is ok. Seeing how there aint enuff Popcorn or JU JU beads to watch that Viedo with , I will have to pass lol :haha:
    Angelbear :wave:

18. cfitzarl

I saw the video posted by cnn, it even had their official watermark on it and there were subtitles. They stopped it before the trap door opened though.

19. smore9648

CNN showed it but there is a video on www.liveleak.com that shows a cellphone version of the hanging, this one shows saddam falling through the trap door but nothing else.

Now the guard, who video taped this, is under investigation.

20. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Why do people want to watch someone die?

21. cfitzarl

I think it makes some people happy that he's dead. It also piques some peoples curiosity I think.

22. smore9648

I do not like to watch people die but he deserved it.

I have no problem watching people like that dying. They do not have the right to live when they commit such atroshish crimes.

I believe everyone should only be judged by one higher power but we needed to take care of this one ourselves.

23. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

This a great site

I'm sure many in this forum have read 'Lord of the flies' by William Holden (I believe).

Who made Saddam so 'powerful' ? And Osama ?

Do they have a share in the 'atrocities' ?

But, all said and done, I think this site is great in what it was intended for.

24. Tmagic650

In this country and for a long time in England, public hangings were a common practice. People ate food and visited like going to a big party. It may have been better to have given Saddam over to the Kurds. Anybody remember the picture of Mussolini and his girlfriend hanging on display in Italy after they were brutally killed? They could have left Saddam alive in a dingy prison, but I can imagine that any prison would be like a luxury hotel, compared to the "spider hole" Saddam was found hiding in

25. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

i would have rather seen him simply thrown in prison for the rest of his life. everybody dies eventually. for a man who caused so much pain and suffering, he died too easily. he's going to hell anyways, at least he could've suffered more in this life before going to suffer in hell for all eternity. i bet we could find a prison here in the US where he would have a very, very hard time.