TechSpot

Safe Mode Freezes

By triswill
Aug 9, 2006
  1. Hi, I recently downloaded a programme called Advanced WindowsCare V2 and performed a scan on my computer. Its finds spyware, registry issues etc.
    Its altered something because my computer shut down and i am having trouble booting up. A black screen comes up giving me options.
    Loading windows normally or from last known good configuration results in a black screen. Booting up in safe mode results in a freeze. What are my options available that wont lost me the data on the hard drive?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What happens when you try to boot into last known good config? If you haven`t tried this yet, then you should.

If it works, try doing a system restore to before you installed the antispyware programme.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. bcasper916

bcasper916 TS Rookie

I have same problem

I am encountering the same problem. Only thing when I go back to last known good config it's the same problem and system restore doesn't work. I just need to know if thee is any way to get some of my files backed up then I can reinstall xp

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.