Safecom 2 port combo, Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys so i want to connect my xbox 360 to xbox live using my Safecom 2 port combo router. Anyways i used to have it connected up and everything worked fine, untill i reset the router by mistake... I have all the settings correct and all the connections are fine except for my dsl, its the one thing that doesnt work, I have the adsl plugged into the phone jack thing, seems to work fine for my modem but when i try it with my routers adsl cable, i cant connect, Seriously i tryed waiting for over an hour. So if anyone on here can give me some help, Which i need urgently, HALO 3 ON WEDNESDAY...Need i say more lol, that would be great! BTW i keep keep getting "Dsl is disconnected" when i go to connection status. If that helps...

All help will be appreciated, Thanks
Lasty

So you have gone into the setup page (10.0.0.2) and entered ISP login info.

You have saved settings and rebooted.

On the diagnostic test page, where exactly does it fail ?

I never had any luck with Safecom routers (they both pooped out in a year).

Er i actually use 192.168.1.1 And yes i have saved the settings the settings and reset the pc many times, i belive the problem is with the frikking phone jack in thw wall, mainly because its old as hell... But thanks for the post!

And where does the diagnostic page say the problem is ?

That is what the page is for.

Re the wall jack : If your ADSL modem synchronizes,and connects Ok,

then it probably isn`t that.

Er well basically i try to connect and it says connecting, for about na hour and when i go to connectivity status it tells me that the problem is that the dsl is disconnected, and thats all i know... And no it doesnt connect if you were wondering..., FOr me there is no Diagnostics Page for some reason

Most Safecoms do have a test page somewhere.

What is is your model number ?

The Safecom router support and FAQs page is here HERE

Just enter your model at the top right.

Yo , er actually this morning my pc gave me the blue screen of death, seen as it was way to old to begin with my mum and i decided to go to pc world and get a new one, So now i have vista and a new Netgear Wireless Router, which guess what? Im also having problems with! So i have an adapter for my 360 and that wont connect to it, it picks it up but thats all, My psp picks it up and says that i have a dns error, Any idea how to set up a Dns account? Just im stomped, Vista is pretty easy to work with and AWESOME! ,im just now installing Avg on it, So any help would be much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back