safecount.net scrolling pop up

AlbertLionheart

Can anyone get rid of that infuriating safecount.net survey popup? It only appears on this site so must be associated with it somehow. It beats the popup blocker!

I haven't got anything like that and we are not supposed to deliver any pop ups to our readers... let me check and get back to you ASAP!

PS: I hate pops, too.

When I logged in a few minutes ago I got the same pop-up as well. But before I could close it. It dissapeared.

Can any of you click it (yes I know that is asking a lot!) and see what the domain name of the actual destination is?

If it's still safecount.net you can tell me so, that will help determining where it's coming from. Still looking and nothing...

I just got the damn pop... the guys at TechTracker are also helping us finding the source.

I also just got it for the first time.

Julio, do you and TechTracker have any idea where it's coming from?

I tracked down the pop to IntelliTXT. Already sent a serious complaint. This is absolutely unacceptable!

Here's a screen grab of the thing in case there is any doubt. As of now forum time 07:55 today it is still running.

Attachments

• safecount.jpg
    safecount.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 9
I don't get any ads / popups with firefox because I installed NoScript ( FireFox addon ) and turned off all scripts except for TechSpot ;)

Back