Sagipsul, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I too seem to be having this sagipsul problem, as well as others. I get various other pop ups, Firefox seems to be hijacked (Google links take me to the wrong page) and "MS antispyware" and "spyware guide 2008" keep popping up. The most severe problem i have been having is that all my running programs will simultaneous crash; that's everything from from firefox and mcafee all the way to drwatson postmortem debugger.

I havent been able to get Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D or much of anything else to run. Here is my Hijackthis log.

Hi TheWrathOfMath
Welcome to Techspot!!

You have a number of infections we are going to remove

Download Smitfraud

Now DO NOT RUN THIS YET.

YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT OFF THE INSTRUCTIONS

Boot into safe mode

1. Restart your computer

2. After hearing your computer beep once during start up, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.

3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear

4. Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

5. When you are at the log on prompt, log in as the same user which you had done the previous steps.

# When your computer has started in safe mode and you see the desktop.

# Close all open Windows.

# Now, double-click on the SmitFraudfix icon that should be residing on your desktop.The icon will look like the one below
sff-icon.gif

# When the tool first starts you will see a credits screen. Simply press any key on your keyboard to get to the next screen.

# You will now see a menu as shown in the image below. Press the number 2 on your keyboard and the press the enter key to choose the option Clean (safe mode recommended)

#The program will start cleaning your computer and go through a series of cleanup processes. When it is done, it will automatically start the Disk Cleanup program as shown by the image below.

Once the computer has finished scanning it will reboot. You will be presented with a Notepad screen containing a log of all the files removed from your computer. Save the log and attach it to your next post

In the next post
Fresh Hijackthis file
Smitrem file

DO NOT use this PC for anything other than the removal of this virus and non internet based use untill the problem is solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back