TechSpot

Sagipsul help please

By Josiechiu12
Dec 28, 2008
  1. i've been gettin pop-ups from the site sagipsul.com please help me get rid of it. i've attached the following log.

Attached Files:

2. gillianbrown

gillianbrown Banned Posts: 141

Go HERE, follow the instructions and post the log files once done.

3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I have also removed your other thread Josiechiu12 (2 members have done this today!)
    You only need 1 thread

By the way, you should remove both Symantec and AVG7 (both are bad in my opinion, and likely corrupted)
    You can find the removal tools for them here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post700392-2.html

4. Josiechiu12

Josiechiu12 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i've scanned the computer with superantispyware and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. there are no more pop-ups but i'm not sure if it is completely gone

sorry i forgot to attach the hijackthis log
    here it is

5. kimsland

You need to do the above. ie You can only have 1 AntiVirus installed at a time (not 3)
    Also your Malwarebytes' Database version is old, you will need to update it, and then run another full scan.

Due to you not completing the Antivirus removal tools (in my original post) you will need to re-submit all fresh logs again (after doing the above ;) )

By the way, use Edit instead of replying to yourself, if your posts is still the last post in the thread (presently not)

6. Josiechiu12

ok i removed avg7 and symantec
    i reinstalled malwarebytes and rescanned the computer.
    here are the logs

7. kimsland

More wasted time and posts!

-> No action taken on MBAM scan, for found issues
    Please re-run Malwarebytes
    Confirm updated (third tab)
    Then do the above quoted message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

By the way, you will need to then restart, and run (and attach) a new HJT log

8. Josiechiu12

I've rescanned. Here are the logs

9. kimsland

Well done :grinthumb

Please re-scan HJT and place a tick and then fix all of the following entries (some bad, some not required)
    Note: Before "fixing" confirm all Internet browser windows (ie Internet Explorer) are closed
    Before restarting

Un-install: Viewpoint (Removal Tool: http://prm753.bchea.org/viewpointkiller.zip)

Then download Combofix
    Lots of info on its use here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
    Direct download here: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Save it to a location that you can easily find later (in Safe Mode) ie directly to C drive

Restart your computer to Safe Mode (by repeatedly pressing F8 on your keyboard before Windows starts)
    Locate the previously downloaded Combofix
    Double click on it to run, answering any prompts along the way
    Note: during Combofix scan (lasting up to 10mins) your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)

Once Combofix has finished, save the log file to be attached to a new reply
    Restart back to Normal mode, and attach the Combofix log

Whilst waiting for my reply, you may want to re-open Malwarebytes; update it again; and then run another full scan (I'm thinking there may still be more uncovered malwares to remove) I would do this ;)

Waiting for your reply...

10. Josiechiu12

Okay i deleted the files except:
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {40C1D615-8BC6-4AF9-8586-E2EAAB833CF1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcApMcc.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {606C59B3-7394-4EE0-A3BA-B33F0A783BF3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\khfDSlJy.dll (file missing)

because I couldn't find them.

And I also ran combofix. Here is the log:

11. kimsland

Good

Clear & Reset System Restore's Cache
    Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
    * Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
    * Click Apply
    Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

Run CCleaner once more

Restart

Let me know how it's now running :)

12. Josiechiu12

Everything's fine now. Thanks for helping! :D

13. kimsland

Thanks for the update :grinthumb