Same problem - can't load FB

Having a similar problem as the previous poster (https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/I-cant-access-facebook-or-google.197179/). In my case, it is simply Facebook that will not load.

I have searched a bunch of online forums and have tried a couple of the fixes that were thrown out there (editing the hosts file, making sure running VP6, etc).

None have seemed to work. It doesn't load on any of the machines (I'm at work), and it's the same for all browsers (FF, IE, Chrome).

I pinged FB and got the following IP: 31.13.71.17 (just on my computer)
and the DNS server is 192.168.1.1

I'm using Windows 8.1 right now.

I'm not super tech savvy, but I'm smart. It seems the common thing is the modem we are all connected to, but I haven't the foggiest idea where to go from there.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Also, you did not need to create another thread and basically repost the thread you mentioned above. My intentions are not harsh in nature but you could have simply commented that you have the same problem(with your details added) and have someone help you there or wait for a solution on the current thread, instead of clogging up the forums page. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.

The Dreams, I know you mean well but dianna did not create another thread although she should have. I moved dianna's post out of the above linked to thread in the first place because we actually prefer to have separate threads for different individuals. Talking to two different members within the same thread creates confusion and is not fair to the original poster.

First, I did start a new thread, because whenever anyone posts "hey, I have the same problem" in another thread, people say "you really should have started a new thread".

Anyway... the irritating part of the problem is that this was no way it was intentionally blocked. Sorry to just now be throwing this info in there -- I work in a small office as a part of a catering company - no dedicated IT department of any kind. I'm the only person in that office with half a brain for technology....
We run several FB business pages for my boss's various restaurant and catering businesses, so there would never even be a need to block - we post updates to FB & Twitter all day to those pages.

I am out of the office today but will post what the error message is tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, are any of the computers at work laptops? If so, is there a chance it could be taken home by you to see if it works there? :) Just a thought.

Back