TechSpot

Samsung announces Galaxy S4 mini ahead of Premier event

By Jos
May 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A little earlier than expected, Samsung has officially taken the wraps off the Galaxy S4 mini, offering a more pocketable variant of its popular flagship smartphone while dialing back on specs and price.

Read more

2. When I read mini and I see a 4.3" screen it does not fit, they should call it Samsung Galaxy S4 Lite instead ;-)

3. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TS Booster Posts: 281   +39

"Falls short of the iPhone 5"
    What?!
    It's not a competitor with the iPhone 5, that's what the S4 is for!

4. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

A new phone every week is getting kind of old. Now if you can make a nice phone somebody can purchase unlocked for $99.00 let us know.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,077   +746

Judging from the pic's it looks pretty nice. I wonder how many colors it'll be available in. No matter, I'll just hang onto what I have already for a good while longer.

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 975   +87

Looks like a phone for people who want just a phone / something to text with, and don't need all the bells and whistles of the Internet Smartphone. I'd guess the only reason to use a lower screen PPI like this is to keep the costs low. If that's what this phone is targeted for, it seems like a good entry for that market space then.

Having an IR Blaster? Now that's pretty cool!

7. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

If only this phone had S4 original specs. At least it has 4G. The S3 mini was a wreck because of no 4G. This is not much of an improvement in terms of specs.

8. Nick D

Nick D TS Rookie Posts: 19

How is this considered a revision of S4 when it's not even HD? I'm still a little baffled that it's not at least 720p (1280x720). Although it does have quite a few things going for it (screen type, sd slot expansion, 1.5gb ram, good smaller size alternative).

9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

That is what plagued the S3 mini. The specs are so cut down. At least there is 4G (the S3 mini didnt have it).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.