Samsung audit finds no child labor violations among suppliers

By Shawn Knight
Nov 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has published data from a month-long audit of a number of Chinese suppliers used to build their products. A team of 121 employees checked into the business practices of 105 suppliers to verify compliance with Samsung regulations as well...

Read more
  2. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Now thats funny!!!! Next Apple is going to sue Samsung for NOT using child labor!! They will claim that Samsungs inability to hire underage workers is forcing Apple to have to hire them. Good for Samsung!!! That a moral high ground I can applaud. Dont destroy a childs life by forcing them into work situations that they really are not emotionally nor physically ready to tackle.
  3. Quote: "A team of 121 employees checked into the business practices of 105 suppliers"

I can supply them parts from a company that I know has child labor and their stance would still be true. "Their" suppliers are just the middle man.
  4. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 329   +56

Their direct suppliers is all they can check cause those are the ones they employ. It is up to the suppliers to see if their suppliers are breaking any laws. The end company can't police every single link in the chain, it's expensive and I think something they can't actually pursue directly (they would need to tell their suppliers to check their suppliers).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.