TechSpot

Samsung breaks ground on massive campus in Silicon Valley

By Shawn Knight
Jul 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung will be breaking ground on a brand new campus in San Jose, California, this week. The facility will be used as a headquarters for research and development and is being designed by world renowned architectural firm NBBJ.

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,088   +716

Funny how much more ostentatious the tech industry is than other industries. For example, Walmart was built spending as little as possible... Sam Walton even named it Walmart because he could buy the fewest possible letters for the store. To be fair though, Apple and Walmart don't exactly share much of a customer base.

I won't rip on them though... that's $5 billion in jobs and materials that's going into the US economy.

RenGood08 likes this.
  3. Exactly. If they want to build a life sized star wars ship replica off the coast of California I would be for it. God knows we need to economic boost in this country. No help from this administration.

RenGood08 likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,087   +747

People tend to waste more money on overpriced hi-tech gizmo's than they should. I thought we were in a worldwide recession but it sure doesn't look like the tech industry is feeling the pinch.

t3chn0vamp likes this.
  5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 975   +87

I don't know why, but the bottom picture makes me think the campus is under a zombie invasion!

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

You watch too much tv.

cliffordcooley likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.