TechSpot

Samsung Chromebook 2 gets faux leather lid treatment, improved display and more

By Shawn Knight
Mar 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Chromebooks are approaching the level of popularity that netbooks hit during their prime before the tablet takeover but manufacturers are hoping they won't see the same steep drop-off in sales. To make sure that doesn't happen, these notebook alternatives will...

Read more

2. It is nice, but a little overpriced. Need to see some benchmark reviews.

3. Mike Steele

Mike Steele TS Enthusiast Posts: 37   +6

That's a better picture than neowin had. it actually looks decent now. the price is kind of up there, I picked up a samsung refurbished chromebook for $170. the faux stitched leather should be an option

4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

I don't know how I would feel with a faux leather laptop top. I just don't know how well it would wear in the conditions laptops go through.

5. Why? Everything is in the cloud, who cares what the so called performance of this "laptop" is? That faux leather effect that Samsung has going now is cringe worthy in my opinion, it simply makes the whole thing look cheap and gimmicky, just like the note 3 and, if I recall correctly, the S5.

This whole Chromebook phenomenon is something I take no pleasure in seeing. It is simply a way for Google to suck you in and hold you onto their services. Must always be connected for you to do anything useful with it, and has miniscule local storage potential. Not to mention its "stellar?" performance.

I realise this was aimed at the SUPER low end, but still, no thank you Google. I would rather save up, and get something that actually matters. Furthermore, if Microsoft ends up going the cloud only route as well, I will find myself a new OS to place my faith in, but so far in Windows 8.1 nothing is forced, and things can be turned off. Which is exactly how it should be, choice!!!

6. ..faux leather on top kinda uuhnn.. no, absolutely no for me..