TechSpot

Samsung disappoints investors despite record $8.3 billion profit

By Jos
Jul 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s not easy living up to expectations when you are consistently delivering stellar results and competing for the top spot of the market. We’ve seen it happen with Apple’s declining share price, despite the iPhone and iPad still selling like...

Read more

2. I don't get it.

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,168   +243

Really... how sad are these people... "Oh let me cry about that 6.4% we was wrong about then lets cry some more over how I am disappointed in my investment doing a record breaking profit.

Then lets also cry some more over how my investment is doing better than ever because lets be honest as a investor I only want my investment to do worse than ever and loose me money... cry cry cry cry cry"

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,084   +747

I get it. It's the age old adage, greed begets greed. The investors will never have enough money to make them happy.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,003   +1,503

You have that right.

Investors are what I call legal thieves. Anything over a 20% profit in return is extortion in my book. But then thats not likely to change because its the same people doing the investing and creating our laws.

PC nerd likes this.
  6. Rich people problems.

7. Those retards are turning this into another Apple-like balloon. And they are supposed to be knowledgeable?
    Could someone make a law for shooting investors in the nuts with a shotgun when they complain about record profits?

8. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,053   +76

Its not just about 'investor greed', but rather more about dangers of 'Galaxy S' fatigue, since, it too just like iPhone, starting to feel like a tired brand (e.g. S4 is rather an update, then an upgrade and everything Galaxy mantra). Hence, the probability that Sammy may have already peaked. Obviously, it doesn't mean Samsung will be going anywhere any time soon, however, IF, the trend continued, it could mean that the only android maker with significant profitability could need to look in other directions.

9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,735   +894

I think there's an age old saying about this. It goes like this, "and they cried all the way to the bank"....

"Tears of joy", are a thing of the past. This is the 3rd millennium, and we wallow in, "tears of greed".

10. umbala

umbala TS Rookie Posts: 19

Mo' money
    mo' problems

lulz

11. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,087   +715

It's about expectations. If something is predicted to be A and it turns out to be less than A, then that's 'not meeting expectations' It doesn't matter if A is losing a billion or making a billion.

If something is predicted to be A and it turns out better than everyone is happy. Look at what the stock market does when the unemployment numbers come in at 7.6% instead of 7.7% Stocks go up, everyone praises the 'recovery' and headlines are all positive. Meanwhile everyone forgets that 7.6% is still like double from what it's supposed to be.

it's expectations, not greed. No smart investor has more than just a fraction of their money in one place anyway.

Archean got it right... How is the S4 supposed to sell well when everyone is using an S3? Same reason the iPhone 5 wasn't popular... no reason to upgrade from a 4S.

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,003   +1,503

Now there is a group of leaches, I'd like to pour salt on.

13. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,087   +715

If you mean hedge funds I'll agree with you, but general investing in the stock market is part of any smart retirement planning.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.